Laurel Preparatory Academy will implement personalized educational programs to facilitate student achievement. These educational programs will demonstrate that standards-based educational reform can provide a prototype for changing the way teachers teach and students learn in the future.
The educational community known as Laurel Preparatory Academy is committed to the development of a personalized instructional program with intensive parental involvement that demonstrates positive outcomes for each student.
Laurel Preparatory Academy is dedicated to the creation of instructional, service, organizational, and governance models that can serve as prototypes for educational reform.
Laurel Preparatory Academy is committed to collaborative efforts to improve the quality of life for students, their families, its employees, and Southern California.
- Kids come first.
- Education at Laurel is personalized, individualized, and high quality.
- Laurel is made up of a community of highly professional people. These committed individuals are independent, self-motivated, high-energy people who speak for themselves. They work to create a positive, challenging environment that is centered on teaching and learning.
- Laurel is committed to the creation of educational reform models centered on how effective educational organizations run, how teachers teach, and how students learn.
- Laurel employees are accountable for their work.
- People-centered teams focus on supporting quality teaching and learning. Performance is measured on a variety of indicators that include productivity, credit ratio, auditability, quality, performance, and commitment to the vision of Laurel Prep.
- Laurel is committed to improving the quality of life for students, their families, and the community at large.
Laurel uses business principles in managing the school.